Recipe for one cake:
- 2 eggs
- 0.8 cup sugar
- 0.8 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar (natural - see below)
- 0.4 cup corn oil 4-5 Grated peeled carrots
- 50g Philadelphia cheese
- 30g soft butter
- 0.8 cup Icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar (natural)
- Mix the sugar and eggs to a smooth batter
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, vanilla sugar and baking soda) in a separate bowl before mixing it in the batter (sugar and eggs)
- Pour in the oil and carrot last and mix it to a smooth batter, pour into heavily buttered (unsalted) baking dish.
- We find @staub_ca or glass dish ideal.
- Bake it in the middle of the (ideally convection) oven on 350 F for 37 min
Mix it together until a smooth batter and then smear it on top of the cake after it has cooled down a bit.
PS: for natural vanilla sugar, simply put a few Madagascar or Reunion Island vanilla pods into a small mason jar with white sugar. Shake a bit once a day, to loosen sugar, for 3 days or so. Keep mason jar topped up every time you use the sugar, and you will be good for a couple of years of natural vanilla sugar.